How to pin Windows Update icon to the Taskbar in Windows 7?
The Taskbar in Windows 7 makes it easy to access your programs. One item that seems like you should be able to easily pin to the Taskbar in Windows 7 is Windows Update.
Unfortunately, you can’t drag the Windows Update icon to the Taskbar to pin it. With a bit of work however, we can get it pinned to the taskbar or Start Menu.
Here’s how you can pin the Windows Update icon to the Taskbar in your Windows 7-based PC. The following steps will help you in reaching to your destination in a very easy manner. Here’s a work around for pinning the Windows Update to the Taskbar:
- Click on the Start menu and then choose All Programs.
- Select Windows Update and drag it to the desktop.
- Even though it creates a Windows Update shortcut on your desktop, you still can’t pin it to the Taskbar directly.
- First, right-click the shortcut and select Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, In the Target field type cmd /c wuapp.exe then change the Run menu to Minimized.
- Click OK.
- Now drag the icon to the Taskbar and pin it.
- After the icon is pinned to the Taskbar, just click it to launch Windows Update.
- Pinning the Windows Update icon to the Taskbar makes it much easier to access.
Don’t you think by following the above-mentioned steps in a systematic manner, you can actually pin the Windows Update icon to the Taskbar? The above steps may look lengthy when it comes to follow them. However, you can ease your approach by going through our video solution that is posted below.
Call toll free 1 877 466 7165