How to format a USB flash drive on Windows 7
Think external storage of data and the first thing that strikes the mind are USB drives. These are the handiest and portable external devices that can help you store data in no time. They are available in varied sizes in terms of storage capacities and can be put to use depending on the need. While these drives are extremely usable and can be re-used, at times they may also introduce unwanted viruses into your computer. This can damage your computer to a great extent and at times, simply crash it. So what is the way out? How can you deal with drives that are to be used but also contain some harmful data. Well, the answer is by formatting the USB Flash Drive by following some easy steps. Let us see how few simple and easy steps save your computer and help you save your important data with great ease:
1. Connect the USB Flash Drive to the computer.
2. Click on “Start” on the “Taskbar” and then on “Computer”.
3. Right click on the USB Flash Drive icon and then click on “Format”.
4. Choose which file system you want to use from “File System”.
5. Click on “Start” to begin formatting.
Wasn’t this very simple? Be it any USB flash drive, you now have a mantra to stay safe.