Simple Steps to Restore Factory Setting on Windows 7 Home Premium
Factory Reset is also known as ‘Master Reset’. It is a setting on your computer that allows you to erase the entire data and restore your PC to its original state. Factory reset is often used for - fixing software issues, clearing memory space, fixing malfunctioning PC and to fix performance issues like freezing, etc.
Before restoring Windows 7 computer to factory settings, you have to make sure that –
- You have taken the backup of every important file and folder that is available on your computer, otherwise you might lose them!
- You turn off your computer and disconnect the scanner, printer, modem or network cables, mobile phones, tablets, USB flash drives and docking station and everything else that may be attached to it.
After you have successfully taken the back up and removed the devices connected with your computer, turn on your computer and follow the below mentioned steps.
Steps for Restoring Your Windows 7 PC to Factory Settings
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and then click on ‘Control Panel’ tab.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window, click on ‘System and Security’ option.
- In the ‘System Security’ window, click on ‘Backup and Restore’ option.
- Now, click on the option ‘Recover system setting for your computer’.
- In the ‘Recovery’ window click on ‘Advance recovery methods’
- Now, click on ‘Return your computer to factory condition’.
- In the next window, you will be asked ‘Do you want to back up your files’? Since, you have already taken a back up, you can choose to ‘Skip’ this option.
- In the next window, click on ‘Restart’ button.
- As the computer restarts, you will be asked to ‘Select a keyboard input method’ as per the language you use and click on ‘Next’ button.
- Now, the ‘Recover Manager’ window will appear on your screen, click on ‘System Recovery’.
- Select the option, ‘Recover without backing up your files’ and click on the ‘Next’ button. This will pop up a warning window asking you to disconnect all the devices except your keyboard and mouse.
- In the ‘Recovery Manager’ window, click on the ‘Next’ button to continue. This will start the recovery process check.
- Once the process is completed successfully, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
This will start your computer and a Windows 7 Home Premium window will appear on your screen. Now follow the below given steps-
- Enter your username
- Enter your password and check on License Agreement and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Click on ‘Use recommended settings’.
- Review your ‘Time and Date settings’ and click on ‘Next’ button.
- If you have a wireless connection, choose your wireless connection in the next window and click on ‘Next’ window.
Once you have successfully followed the steps, a recovery window will appear with a message ‘Recovery as completed’ click on ‘Close’ button.
Note: Software update after restoring factory settings is an individual choice.
With these simple and easy to follow steps you can successfully restore factory settings on Windows 7 Home Premium PC. Now, you can easily restore your data and program files from the backed up files. After successfully restoring your PC, you can enjoy the performance of your fully optimized PC.