How to share folders by placing them in a public folder in Windows 7?
Are you looking for steps to share a folder in your Windows 7-based PC? If, yes, then you can find the solution right here. Well, one might need to place the folders in a public folder in order to share files with other users or systems so that you can save or copy them to a public folder on your computer later. Any file or folder that you put in a public folder is automatically shared with the people connected to the network and therefore it helps you to share the files whenever you want.
So, here’s how you can share a folder in your computer by placing them in a public folder.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instruction to share folders by placing them in a public folder in Windows 7:
1. Click on the “Start” button, and then go to the “Control Panel”
2. In the search box, type: “network”
3. Click on “Network and Sharing Center” and then, in the left pane, click on “Change advanced sharing settings”
4. Under “Public folder sharing”, click on either:
• “Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders”
5. Click “Save changes”
So, you see how easily you can share files and folders with other computers by placing them in a public folder in Windows 7 based PC. All you need to do is follow our step-by-step solution and do the settings yourself.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: