Speed up your computer by switching to Windows 7 Basic theme
If your computer is running slow, there could be various reasons due to which the system is not performing up to the mark. Slow computer speed may be caused if a graphics-intensive Windows 7 theme is enabled with the Aero feature. Such themes use up a lot of RAM and if your PC’s memory is inadequate for the theme, the computer’s performance will be affected. Thus, it is advised that before downloading and installing a theme, ensure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements. You can switch the theme to Windows 7 Basic or one of the high-contrast themes to speed up your computer.
Here are the steps to disable Aero and change the theme to Windows 7 Basic:
- Click the ‘Start’ button on the desktop and click ‘Control Panel’.
- In the ‘Search’ box at the top-right corner, type ‘Personalization’.
- Now click the ‘Personalization’ option.
- You can also access the ‘Personalization’ option by right clicking an empty space on the desktop, and then clicking ‘Personalize’ from the menu.
- Under the option ‘Basic and High-Contrast Themes’, you can select one of the themes.
By enabling the Windows 7 Basic or a high-contrast theme, you will be able to speed up your computer.