How to Find a Router's IP address in Windows 7?
While configuring your wireless router or troubleshooting the wireless network, you will be prompted to type in the IP address of the router. Hence, you need to find router IP address in order to be able to access the settings of the router. You need to type in the IP address of your router on the web browser based interface of the router.
Usually, you can find router IP address mentioned on the sales package of the device. But, if you have lost the box or cannot find IP address, then follow these steps shown below to do it by yourself and they are super easy to follow.
Quick steps to find router IP address in Windows 7 environment:Â Â
- Click on ‘Start’ and type ‘cmd’ in the search bar
- Right click on ‘Command Prompt’ and select ‘Run as administrator’ from the menu that appears
- Type administrator password if prompted
- On the command prompt window, type ‘ipconfig’ and press ‘Enter’
- You can read the key number showing next to the ‘Default Gateway’
And you are done. Thus, you can find or detect router IP address even when you have lost the sales package or if you have forgotten the IP address. To help you further in this regard, refer this video or keep it handy to see steps-by-steps instructions to find IP address on Windows 7 environment.
You can also call iYogi to find router IP address in Windows 7.