Install Windows 7 and fix related issues, Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Install windows 7 and fix other related issues on your PC with certified techs. Call Now!
How to format an existing partition or volume on a Windows 7?
The formatting of an existing partition or volume is done when there is no unallocated disk space in your hard disk. It helps in creating some space by shrinking an existing partition, deleting a partition, or using a third-party partitioning program. However, formatting a volume can destroy any data on the partition and therefore, you should be sure of taking the back up of the data you want to save.
The solution of the problem
Follow the instruction to format an existing partition or volume on a Windows 7:
1. Clink on the Start button, then click Control Panel, and then click System and Security
2. Go to Administrative Tools, and then double-click the Computer Management
(Here, type the administrator password or confirmation, if you are prompted, otherwise move to the next step)
3. Go the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management
4. Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format
5. To format the volume in the default settings, go to Format dialog box, click OK, and then click OK again
The formatting of an existing partition or volume in Windows 7 is not difficult and you can do it by following the aforementioned steps. Formatting a volume can destroy any data, therefore, take the back up of your important data even before you begin.