7Tips to Windows® 7 Advanced Disk Defragmentation
Defragment your hard disk to ensure optimum performance.
Problem: How canÂ I run the disk defragmentation using command prompt on Windows 7 ?
With the launch of Windows 7 , defragmentation is better than the previous Windows versions. Windows 7 offers better defragmentation than Windows Vista and it also enables you to configure the disk defragmentation from command line. Performing disk defragmentation also ensures that the disk is running at the optimum performance.
[caption id="attachment_54885" align="aligncenter" width="500"] Disk Defragmentation[/caption]
Perform the following steps to run Disk Defragmentation from command line:
- Run the cmd command to open the command prompt window.
- Run the defragcommand line utility to launch disk defragmentation. Following parameters can be used along with the defrag command:
- /r: this parameter can be used to defrag multiple drives simultaneously.
- -a: this parameter is used to perform a defrag analysis.
- -v: this parameter is used to print the reports.
- -r: this parameter treats files with at least 64 Mb of fragments like are not fragmented.
- -w: this parameter is used to defrag everything.
Or simply call iYogi and we can help you migrate your operating system, data and applications quickly and efficiently.
Call toll free 1 877 466 7165