Tips to Block Websites on Windows 7 Which You Hate
Don’t like a particular website and want to block it? Or, are you concerned about the privacy of your children and want to restrict them from accessing certain sites that are not appropriate for them?Windows 7 operating system gives you the ability to keep yourself and your family members from accessing undesirable sites that automatically pop up as soon as you start surfing the Internet, making you less productive.
Follow our steps mentioned below to block websites on your Windows 7 computer without the need of installing any software:
- Click the ‘Start’ button and click ‘All Programs’ and then click ‘Accessories.’
- From the displayed options, right-click on ‘Notepad’ and select ‘Run as administrator.’ Now hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- Click ‘File’ in the main menu and then click ‘Open.’
- Go to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc" and change the option to "All Files (*.*)" at the bottom of the window.
- Select the ‘Hosts’ file and click ‘Open’.
- With cursor at the bottom of the page, type "127.0.0.1 (site url)."
- Press ‘Enter’ and add another site that you want to block.
- Hit the ‘Save’ button and close the window.
Now all the websites that you have added to the list will be blocked, helping you and your kids to stay away from all the unwanted and malicious sites that might otherwise pose security threats.