Windows 7: Customize On-Screen Keyboard
Do you find on-screen keyboard utility on your touchscreen Smartphone or tablet easier and faster to type? If you want to opt for such an on-screen keyboard utility on your Windows 7-based computer, then here is this Windows 7 feature you need to know about.
Windows 7 offers users with a visual keyboard to enable users to substitute their mechanic keyboard with this On-Screen Keyboard feature. On-Screen Keyboard displays visual keypad with standard set of alphanumeric keys. You can use this keyboard using mouse or any pointer device such as joystick or pen. Furthermore, Windows 7 will also enable users to choose a preferred layout for the On-Screen Keyboard. Therefore, you can personalize the On-Screen Keyboard by adjusting alignment, layout and even specify number of keys the keyboard should display with. So, how do you want to customize your On-Screen Keyboard with? Do you want an alphanumeric or a numeric keypad? How many keys do you want to appear from the On-Screen Keyboard?
If you need an easy-to-follow online tutorial to show you how to customize On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 7, then check out these steps stated below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button
- Go to ‘All Programs’
- Click on ‘Accessories’
- Select ‘Ease of Access’ and then click ‘On-Screen Keyboard’.
- Click ‘Options’, and then, under ‘To use the On-Screen Keyboard’, select the mode you want:
- ‘Click on keys’: In clicking mode, you click the on-screen keys to type text.
- ‘Hover over keys’: In hovering mode, you use a mouse or joystick to point to a key for a predefined period of time, and the selected character is typed automatically.
- ‘Scan through keys’: In scanning mode, On-Screen Keyboard continually scans the keyboard and highlights areas where you can type keyboard characters by pressing a keyboard shortcut, using a switch input device, or using a device that simulates a mouse click.
- Click ‘OK’
Isn’t it easy to try these steps? Check out this video which illustrates all these steps shown above to help you perform these steps and customize and use On-Screen Keyboard on your Windows 7-based PC, on your own.