Windows 7: How to Find the IP Address of PC?
When a Windows 7-based computer is connected to any network, the computer bears an address on the network which is called an IP address. Now, if your computer is connected to a network and the internet, then the computer will be assigned with an internal IP address. The internal IP address defines its location on the local network whereas the external IP marks the IP address your computer requires for internet connection.
Are you looking for tips to find internal or external IP address of your Windows 7-based computer? If you do then, try these steps stated below.
- Click “Start” and then type “CMD” in the start search box
- Press “ENTER” on your keyboard.
At the command prompt, type: “ipconfig” and then press “ENTER” on your keyboard. It will display the IP Address of your Windows 7 based computer.
- Close the “Command Prompt” Window.
- If you want to find your IP Address without using the command prompt, then
- In the system tray, click the “network connection” icon and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”
- To view the IP address of a wired connection, click Local Area Connection.
- Click “Details”. Your IP address will appear next to "IPv4 Address".
By following these steps properly, you will be able to find IP address on your Windows 7-based computer. Or else, watch this video to see how to perform these steps.