Windows 7: How to start PC in Safe Mode?
If your computer is giving you trouble and is responding weirdly you should try starting your computer on Safe Mode. When your computer is on Safe Mode it diagnoses the problem of your operating system and it also helps you fix your computer’s problems. Most operating systems have Safe Mode on them and so does Windows 7. Your computer might not function completely - some features might be turned off on Safe Mode. Safe Mode can only be accessed on your Windows 7 computer when you turn it on and you cannot put your computer on Safe Mode when you’re already using the computer. In this limited state you can try running the applications and check which one is giving you a trouble. Do you know how to start your Windows 7 computer on Safe Mode? Here’s how you can do that in a few simple steps:
1. Click on the “Start” button
2. Click the arrow next to the “Shut Down” button and then click on “Restart”
3. Press the “F8” key as your computer restarts before the Windows logo appears
4. Use the arrow keys to highlight the “safe mode” option you want and then press “Enter” on the “Advanced Boot Options” screen
5. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights
Now you know what to do when you face any trouble with your computer the next time!