Tips to Remove Sidebar on Windows® 7
Save RAM consumed by Windows sidebar.
Problem: How can I remove the Windows sidebar in Windows 7??
Unlike Window Vista, Windows 7 does not seem to feature a sidebar.Â However, the sidebar still exists in Windows 7 and runs in the background. The sidebar automatically launches at startup. Perform the following steps, if you want to get rid of the sidebar:
- Run the msconfig.exe command-line utility to start the Microsoft Configuration utility.
- Click the Startup tab and deselect the Sidebar box.
The task can also be achieved by performing the following steps:
- Run the REGEDIT command-line utility to start the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run registry key.
- Right-click the registry and click delete.
Or simply call iYogi and we can help you migrate your operating system, data and applications quickly and efficiently.