Windows Vista: Set Screen Saver
Are you frustrated with colleagues around you constantly snooping at your Windows Vista PC? If you are looking for ways to search of simple ways to stop people prying on your computer, then here is a quick guide to show you how to do it. And it is simple – just set a Screen Saver on your Windows Vista computer.
You may stop probing people from looking at your computer, but you can certainly preserve the privacy of your data on your computer. Moreover, by setting Screen Saver Windows Vista-based PC, you can avoid tedious process of closing all file, folders and current applications you are working on every time you leave your PC or when you are not using your PC for some time.
In addition to setting a Screen Saver, Windows Vista also allows users to customize various aspects of a Screen Saver. Windows Vista will let you choose either a single image or a display the slideshow of multiple photos with your choice of transitional effects. You can also customize an animated sequence and select the span of time after which you want Windows Vista to initiate the Screen Saver automatically.
Here we will show you simplest steps to set and customize Screen Saver on Windows Vista when your computer is inactive, then follow these steps.
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Select Personalize from the drop down list.
- Click Screen Saver under the themes to change your screensaver settings.
- This will open the Screen Saver settings window.Â Select the screensaver you want.
- Enter the number of minutes you want to wait before your screensaver starts.
- Check the box to display the login screen when you exit the screen saver if you want your computer to prompt for the password in case you have set one.
- Click OK to save your settings.
- Close the personalization Window.
- After the length of time you selected, you’ll see the screensaver you selected.
- Then, when you move the mouse or press a key, you’ll see the normal login screen instead of your desktop.Â Enter your password and login as normal to access your computer.
Isn’t it easy to follow these steps to set and customize Screen Saver on Windows Vista? If you are facing challenges then, check out this video which illustrates all these steps shown above to perform these steps easily.