Fix Windows Update Corruption errors
Microsoft has released updates to fix a bug in Windows update system in few versions of Windows. These updates will help prevent the problems occurring during successful installation of future updates, services packs, and other software programs.
Errors in Windows update with the following error codes are addressed by this new non-security update:
Here you go!
For Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2012
The unsolicited Windows corruption errors prevent Windows updates and service packs from getting installed in to the system. These errors clearly reflect that the system file has been damaged and you need to resolve the problem in order to install the Windows update or service pack.
Here’s how you can resolve the error!
1. Click on ‘Search’ and type Command Prompt in the Search box.
2. Right-click on the Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
3. If you’re prompted for an administrator password for confirmation, type the password; else click ‘Allow’.
4. Type the command mentioned below and hit ‘Enter’
The moment you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the corrupt files. However, if the Windows Update client is already broken, you can use the running Windows installation or a folder alongside derived from a network share or any removable media.
In order to do this, run the following command:
You can replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows with the location of your repair source.
5. Close the Command Prompt and run Windows Update again.
(DISM creates a log file (%windir%/Logs/CBS/CBS.log) that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed.
%windir% is the folder in which Windows is installed. For example, the %windir% folder is C:\Windows.)
For Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2/Windows Server 2008
You can use the System Update Readiness Tool to resolve the error in order to install the Windows update or service pack.
Here’s how you can get rid of the error!
1. Download the latest and compatible version of System Update Readiness Tool.
2. Install and run this tool.
On the Download Center webpage, click on Download and carry out the following actions-
- Click Open or Run to download the tool immediately and go with the instructions flashing on your screen.
- If you want to install the tool later, click on Save and then install the file on your system. To carry out the installation, double-click on the file.
1. Click on Yes In the Windows Update Standalone Installer dialog box
2. Once the installation process begins, it will run automatically. Even if the progress seems to stop, don’t hit Cancel. It usually takes around 15 minutes to run.
3. Once you see the message ‘Installation Complete’, hit Close.
4. Now you can Reinstall the update or service pack you were trying to install previously.
Now, if you’re able to successfully install the Windows Update or Service Pack, then the process is over. However, if the problem persists, contact iYogi online technical support for more help.