How to manually check for Windows 7 updates
It is essential to install Windows 7 updates that are released by Microsoft from time to time. The updates include security patches to fix bugs. Windows 7 updates also help in the detection and removal of malicious programs.
Every month, Microsoft releases the Malicious Software Removal Tool as part of Windows updates. You can configure Windows 7 to automatically download and install updates on your PC. Another option is to manually check for Windows 7 updates.
Here are the steps to manually check for Windows 7 updates:
- Click the ‘Start’ button and in the search box enter ‘Update’.
- In the list of results that are displayed, click ‘Windows Update’.
- Click the option ‘Check for updates’ in the left pane.
- Windows will look for updates that need to be downloaded on your PC.
- From the list of Windows 7 updates that are displayed, select those which you want to download.
- Click ‘Ok’ and then click ‘Install updates’.
- You may be required to enter the administrator password or offer confirmation to download and install the updates.
By following these steps, you will be able to manually check for Windows 7 updates.