Windows 7: How to disable the Welcome Screen on Windows 7?
If you are using a Windows 7 PC, you would have noticed that each time you try to start up the OS, you are greeted by a welcome screen. This screen displays the list of available accounts on the PC, and depending upon the access that you have, you can choose the particular one to log in. This is a handy utility if you operate multiple accounts on the PC or if you are sharing your PC with multiple users. However, if none of these hold true for you, you may find the screen annoying and worth doing away with.
Although you cannot delete the welcome screen, you can nonetheless disable the welcome screen on Windows 7. Here is how you can do it:
1. Click the Start button
2. Type "Run" in the search bar and press ENTER.
3. Type "netplWiz.exe" and click OK
4. In the “User Account Control” window, click “Continue”
5. Uncheck “Users must enter user name and password to use this computer” checkbox and then click “OK”
6. On the “Automatically Log on” dialog box, type your password and then confirm it.
7. Click “OK”
In just these 7 steps you could disable the screen, and now each time you will log in, you will no longer be greeted by the same screen in Windows 7.
For a quick recap of the steps, here is a solution video that you can watch: