How to create a Windows 7 theme for your computer
Windows 7 is a highly customizable operating system as it provides options to select various desktop themes and wallpapers.
What’s more, you can create your own Windows 7 theme according to your preferences.
Just select a desktop background and a screensaver of your choice, choose the system sounds, configure the window colors, and your Windows 7 theme is ready.
It's quite simple to create Windows 7 themes by accessing the 'Personalization' options in the 'Control Panel'.
Steps to create your own Windows 7 theme
- Click the ‘Start’ button and open the ‘Control Panel’.
- In the search box, typeÂ ‘personalization’, and then clickÂ ‘Personalization’.
- Select a theme for your PC.
- Now click ‘Desktop background’ and browse to the picture that you want to set as the wallpaper. You can even configure a slideshow of images as the desktop background.
- In Windows 7, it’s possible to change the color of the window borders, taskbar, and the ‘Start’ menu. For this, you need to clickÂ ‘Window Color’ and select a color of your choice. There’s an option to increase or decrease the color intensity as well. ClickÂ ‘Save changes’ to implement your settings.
- Â To change the system sounds, click ‘Sounds’ and then select an option from the ‘Sound Schemes’ list.
- Click ‘Screensaver’ and select an option from the list of screensavers. The screensaver settings can be customized from the options given there. Check out the steps to set up a picture slideshow as a screensaver.
- From the ‘Personalization’ options of the ‘Control Panel’, users can change the desktop icons and mouse pointer also.
- Your theme will be displayed under ‘My Themes’ as an unsaved theme. Click it to implement the theme on the computer.
- Click ‘Save theme’, enter a name, and click ‘Save’.
Thus, by following these steps, you can create a Windows 7 theme.