How to create a desktop background slideshow in Windows 7
Windows 7 offers a personalized computing experience with various options to configure the interface according to one’s preferences. You can change the Windows 7 themes, wallpapers, set RSS-fed dynamic desktop backgrounds, make the interface look like that of a Mac, and do lots more stuff. One cool effect that you can get on your PC is to have a slideshow of your favorite pics as the desktop background.
Here’s what you need to create a desktop background slideshow in Windows 7:
- Click the ‘Start’ button and then open the Control Panel.
- In the Search box of the Control Panel, type ‘Desktop Background’.
- Click the ‘Change desktop background’ option.
- Select the pictures from those that are there in the list of the desktop background images.
- You can also select pictures from a different location, provided that they are all in the same folder. Click ‘Picture Location’ or ‘Browse’ to select the images of your choice.
- From the ‘Picture Position’ drop-down list, select an option to resize the images to fill the screen, tile them, or center-align them.
- From the ‘Change picture every’ list, select the duration after which you want a picture to be changed automatically in the slideshow.
- If you want the pictures to be displayed in a random order, click the ‘Shuffle’ check box.
- Now click the ‘Save Changes’ button.
- An alternative solution is to select multiple pictures by holding down the ‘Ctrl’ key and then choose the ‘Set as desktop background’ option from the right-click menu.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can create a desktop background slideshow in Windows 7.
Call toll free 1 877 466 7165